There are several ways in which you can participate and get involved with Ferst Readers!
Be a part of a story that is larger than your own!
If you are interested in volunteering your time and skills, our local Community Action Teams (CATs) are always looking for assistance!
Contact us toll-free at 1-888-565-0177 or email , or you can scan the QR Code to the right to fill out the volunteer inquiry form, and we will connect you with a local Community Action Team (CAT) in your area.
Start the Program in Your Community
We are always looking to expand our partnerships and set up a program in new communities. There are two kinds of ways to bring books to your community:
Local Volunteer Community Action Team (CAT)
Group of volunteers or who:
- Register children from birth to five years old.
- Raise funds for books (because there isn't a cost to the families). For $42, a child receives an age-appropriate book each month for one year!
- Promote early literacy and literacy events in the local community. 888-565-0177 www.ferstreaders.org Contact Us How it works!
Your CAT comprises parents, teachers, retired teachers, businessmen, church members, community leaders – basically, anyone who understands the importance of early literacy and how improving early learning outcomes can impact an entire community! Every CAT looks different, so there is no ‘set’ format required to get started. If you would like more details about starting a CAT in your community, download this Start a CAT flyer.
Business/Civic Group/School System who:
- Wants to provide books to a specific group of children.
- Gives funds to mail books to those children.
- The National Office will register children and maintain the account.