2022-2024 Strategic Plan
Ferst Readers’ Long-Range Planning Committee (LRPC) has responsibility for developing and recommending a strategic plan and long-range goals and objectives that help guide the governance, program, budget and development priorities of Ferst Readers.
The principal purposes of long-range planning for Ferst Readers are:
- to reaffirm Ferst Readers’ central role in advancing childhood literacy,
- to determine which activities in pursuit of its mission are best carried out by Ferst Readers,
- to encourage Ferst Readers’ Community Action Teams to develop long-range goals and plans,
- to provide a basis for setting priorities in the face of legitimate but competing claims for limited Ferst Readers resources, thereby creating a coherent approach to helping advance childhood literacy as a societal priority, and
- to rekindle and strengthen the sense of common purpose among Ferst Readers board members through an open and inclusive planning process.
Click here to download the Ferst Readers Strategies and Plan 2022-2024 (PDF)